Since social media has taken the whole world by storm, it has become incredibly necessary for businesses, especially startups to analyze what their competitors are doing online in order to get ahead of them on various social media platforms. If you own a website, then it is crucial for you to monitor and analyze every move of your competitors and know what people are saying about them. By doing so, you will not only learn the best strategies that they are using to improve their social presence but also get to know a lot of mistakes they made which you must avoid.
However, in order to analyze the strategies of your competitor, you first need to know the right ones that should be monitored and what aspects of their businesses are worth assessing. You also need to understand the audience, content metrics, and engagement that are useful for the analysis. But what after that? How would you actually do the analysis? Well, to help you with that, here are the five most significant competitor monitoring and analysis tools that you should use to improve your digital marketing efforts.
Unmetric: Automate the Process of Measuring Social Media Efforts
An enterprise-level solution, Unmetric is indeed one of the best tools for the competitive analysis that can help you automate the process of analyzing the social media efforts of your competitors. A free trial of Unmetric is available after the demo, but for the continuous use of it, you need to pay $1,000/month.
Key points of Unmetric:
- It provides automated data-rich reports.
- It collects data from all the prominent social media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Unmetric helps you identify industry leaders and shows how they performed better than others.
- It provides a benchmark for various metrics that will help you understand where you stand in the industry.
Hootsuite: Monitors Different Activities Across Social Media
Hootsuite is a tool that helps you maximize the effectiveness of your social media output. By allowing you to analyze your competitor’s performance and creating social media content, this tool enables you to have an edge over your competitor. A free 30-day trial of Hootsuite is available and after that, you have to pay $650/month to use this tool.
Key points of Hootsuite:
- It has the ability to analyze a variety of activity on all social media platforms.
- Hootsuite also monitors the performance of all your posts of major social media sites.
- It tracks what people are saying about your business.
- It integrates with other analytics platforms like Facebook Insights and Google Analytics.
Fanpage Karma: Finds Out the Strategy Behind Public Social Media Profiles
To increase your reach on social media, it is important to know the strategy behind any public social media profile which is effectively done by a comprehensive tool called Fanpage Karma. It analyzes your competitors’ social profiles to know their behaviors like how many followers they have, how they reach and interact with the target audience, and how frequently they post on social media.
Key Points of Fanpage Karma:
- It analyzes your competitors’ performance on various platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pinterest and tells you what kind of content attracts their audience.
- It studies the growth, top posts, post types, engagement by day and night, frequency, and other metrics of various public social media profiles.
- The subscription for all the modules of this tool starts at $450/month that is quite cheap as compared to other tools.
- Fanpage Karma also offers amazing add-ons like Competition and the Good Luck Fairy.
Ahrefs: Analyzes Links, Content & Social Media Campaigns
A life savior for the digital marketers and SEOs, Ahrefs is a tool that monitors the links, content, and social media campaign of your competitor. It also conducts keywords research that helps you understand the strategies that your competitors are using to get their traffic and leads. You can start a 7-day trial of this tool for $7. The monthly subscription starts at $99. However, all the features can be enjoyed in the $999 plan.
Key Points of Ahrefs:
- This tool has site audit and rank tracker features using which you can analyze the performance of your website with your competitors’ site.
- The content feature of this tool can guide your blog posts and maximize your social media output.
- It helps you understand all the strategies that your competitors are using to increase their reach and how you can outrank them and get on the top.
Socialinsider: Provides Analytics on Your & Competitors Social Media Pages
A highly effective tool for competitive analysis, Socialinsider provides analytics on your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube pages and those of your competitors. Engagement metrics, content performance, and growth of social media audience over time are some analytics that this tool offers. A 7-day free trial of this tool is available while the paid plans start from $59/month.
Key Points of Social-insider:
- It offers data-rich reports on the social media activity of your competitors.
- The report has an in-depth analysis of interactions with their social media posts, a number of sponsored posts they are using, and the type of content they are posting and at what time.
- This tool does CSV export of social media posts for any profile.
The fact that social media’s reach is unparalleled, you should start using these monitoring and analysis tools to understand what your competitors are doing on social media and how you can make a significant presence on it. With the help of these tools, you will be able to get your business in an ideal position of growth and stay one step ahead of your competitor.